Why study with Theology of the Body Institute (TOBI) and the Archdiocese of Sydney?
- Get taught by the world’s most recognised Theology of the Body instructors, including Dr Christopher West!
- Participate in live online sessions with TOBI instructors as part of the online courses. Delivered in Australian timeframes, you will be able to unpack the lesson content, ask questions and share insights with fellow students.
- Receive an official Theology of the Body Institute issued certification* that is highly recognised and enables you to teach TOB courses.
(*For those who complete the Certification Program)
- Access to local support via firstname.lastname@example.org in the Archdiocese of Sydney. We would also be happy to direct your specific queries to our TOBI contacts.
- Belong to an Australian network of Theology of the Body ‘champions’. The network aims to provide registered students with:
- Access to early bird registrations and discounts to upcoming TOBI events, including an in-person course and an event with Dr Christopher West in Sydney in 2024.
- Opportunities for further formation and participation in the areas of leadership, evangelisation, and life, marriage and family ministries.
- Local student gatherings including special Masses and celebrations.
Course Schedule for 2023:
- Theology of the Body I – Head & Heart Immersion – April 17-28 (description also below)
- Theology of the Body II – Into the Deep – August 14-25
- Theology of the Body I – (same as above) – October 9-20
- Writings of John Paul II – December 4-15
For information on each of the above courses.
THEOLOGY OF THE BODY I: HEAD & HEART IMMERSION COURSE (ONLINE)
This online course introduces students to the key themes of the 129 Wednesday audience addresses that comprise John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Particular attention will be paid to the imago Dei, fall and redemption, Christian ethics and ethos, freedom and person, gender and vocation. Students will be encouraged to journey from “head to heart” in applying the theological concepts they learn to their own lives and relationships. While the in-person TOB I: Head & Heart Immersion Course experience is the optimal transformational encounter with TOB with the celebration of the Sacraments, daily prayer, and interactions with the instructor and your fellow students, we know that this online course will provide you a beautiful, foundational encounter with the content of our in-person TOB I: Head & Heart Immersion Course.
HOW DOES THE ONLINE COURSE WORK?
Access to Course
Registrants for this online TOB 1 course, will receive access to a filmed version of the in-person 5-day TOB 1 course and a digital course workbook from April 17-28, 2023. Registrants should plan to watch approximately three hours of material per day to complete the course in the given timeframe.
Course Set Up
The videos are from a previously recorded in-person TOB1. You can watch them on your own schedule, but we suggest committing 3 hours per day in order to get through all of the material. You will not have access to the videos beyond the end date of the course.
Resources and Direction
Each video session is complete with the resources used in the course, as well as directions for helping to make this online course, not only intellectually stimulating, but also spiritually fruitful.
Live Group Q&A Sessions
There will be live group Q&A sessions provided during that two-week period for all students who wish to participate. Details about dates and times of the sessions will be provided in an email you will receive after registering. Christopher West, Bill Donaghy, or Jen Settle will host the live sessions and will be provided in Australian timeframes. These group sessions will be recorded for those students who cannot make the designated times and will be accessible through the online course portal.
Steps to Certification Program
Full participation in this course counts towards Certification. Students who wish to attend another course with TOBI or enter into the TOBI Certification Program, must watch all of the videos and complete a multiple choice exam at the end of the course. A passing grade of 80% is required for the exam.
TOB 1 Online Course details:
Date: 17-28 April 2023
Cost: $795USD (approx. $1200AUD)
TOBI Code: AUSTOBI2023 Please note that all Australian students need to enter the code on the registration page to receive the Australian course fee.